I'm looking for recipies...
Entre no LibraryThing para poder publicar.
Este tópico está presentemente marcado como "inativo" —a última mensagem tem mais de 90 dias. Reative o tópico publicando uma resposta.
No red meat
No starches (no grains, no potatoes or corn)
No deep frying
Curry Chicken Salad
* 1 1/2 cups peeled, chopped apple
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
* 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
* 1/4 cup raisins
* 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
* 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
1. Combine apple and lemon juice in a large bowl; toss well to coat apple. Add chicken, celery, and raisins; toss well.
2. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over chicken mixture, and toss well. Sprinkle with chopped almonds. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
Note: If you don't have 3 cups of leftover chicken, cook 1 pound of skinned, boned chicken breast halves on a baking sheet in the oven at 450° for 12 to 14 minutes or until the juices run clear. Toast the almonds on the same baking sheet during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
Calories: 220 (21% from fat)
Fat: 5.2g (sat 0.9g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.0g)
Pork Chops Cubano with Garlic-Citrus Sauce
1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (4 oz each)
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Total Time: 1 hour 20 min
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or crush in food processor).
2. In shallow dish, mix cereal, 1 tablespoon cilantro, 1 teaspoon garlic, the orange peel, onion powder, oregano, cumin and pepper. Dip pork chops into buttermilk; coat completely with cereal mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until pork is no longer pink in center.
4. Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook 1 tablespoon garlic in oil about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in lime and orange juices. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with pork chops.
I'll keep looking.
My method of cooking fish served with mixed salad
Take one salmon (or any other fish) fillet per person, place in an ovenproof dish. Add 1-2 tablespoons liquid (white wine is nice but you can use water or fish stock),a sprinkle of chopped fresh herbs -I like parsley but anything will do and black pepper, salt is optional. Cover.
Put in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes, while you prepare a salad of any veg you consider worth eating uncooked, dressed with a mix of olive oil and cider vinegar (my preference -any salad dressing you like will do)
sit with a glass of wine and enjoy. Simple, easy, a minimum of fuss, the liquid prevents the fish sticking so you don't need fat or basting and as the cooking dish is sealed it steams the fish so it is moist and succulent. Delicious. Only one note of warning: it is easy to overcook if you forget about it or have to leave it hanging around. It is also delicious with cooked greens- I'm partial to both spinach and asparagus, and, if you are not watching carbs, new potatoes.